Reporting by Scherry Bloul and Zac Schroedl
Here’s our Doha News guide to what’s open, and when, during Ramadan this year.
We will update the hours as more information comes in. If you have details you think we should add, please share them with us in the comments section. You can find out more about Ramadan in Qatar here.
- Lulu Hypermarket – D-Ring, Al Gharafa, Al Khor, Barwa City: Saturday to Thursday, 9am-1am; Fridays, 8am-10:30am, 12pm-1am, Lulu Center Al Rayyan Road – Saturday to Thursday 10am-4pm then 7.30pm-12am midnight, Friday 4pm-12am midnight; Lulu Express Al Rayyan – Saturday to Thursday 8am-12am midnight; Friday 8am-10.30am then 12.30pm-12am midnight.
- Family Food Center (all branches): Saturday to Thursday, 8.30am-6pm then 7.30pm-1am; Friday 8.30am-10.30am, 12.30pm-6pm then 7.30pm-12am midnight.
- Carrefour – (all branches): Saturday to Wednesday, 9am-1am; Thursday, 9am-2am; Friday, 9am-11am then closed for prayers and reopen 12:30pm-2am.
- Geant at Hyatt Plaza and Al Meera branches: Open every day from 8am-1am; closed Friday from 11.30am-noon for prayer.
- Monoprix (West Bay): Saturday to Thursday, 8am-11pm; Fridays, 8am-11:30am, 1pm-11pm.
- Spinneys (all branches): Saturday to Thursday 8am-midnight; Fridays 8am-11:30am, 1pm-midnight.
- MegaMart The Center, Al Mutazah: Saturday to Thursday 8am-midnight; Fridays 8am-11am, 12.30pm-midnight.
Although many shopping centers will remain accessible for walks, etc throughout the day, most of the stores situated inside the malls will only be open at specific times. These are:
- Villaggio mall – Shops and Kiosks (first two weeks) Saturdayto Thursday 10am-1:30pm and 7:30pm-midnight; Fridays: 7:30pm to midnight. Last two weeks: Sunday to Thursday 10am-1:30pm and 7:30pm-1am; Fridays 7:30pm-1am. Food court, restaurants and coffee shops – first two weeks: from iftar to midnight, last two weeks: iftar to 1am.
- Royal Plaza: Saturday to Thursday, 10am-1:30pm, 8pm-midnight; Fridays, 8pm-1am.
- Landmark Mall: Saturday to Thursday, 10am-3pm and 7:30pm-1am; Fridays, 7:30pm-1am.
- Lagoona Mall: Open Saturday to Thursday, 10am-3pm, 8pm-1am; Fridays, 8pm-1am. Cafes and restaurants, open Saturday to Friday iftar 6:30pm-1:30am.
- City Center Mall: Open Saturday to Thursday, 10am-1pm then most stores except Carrefour will be closed in the afternoon and will reopen at 7pm-1am; Fridays, 3pm-1am. Food court open Saturday to Friday, 7:30pm-midnight.
- Ezdan mall: Open Saturday to Thursday, 9am-2pm and 8pm-midnight; Fridays, 8pm-1am (all food outlets: iftar to suhoor).
- The Mall: First two weeks, open Saturday to Thursday, 10am-1pm and 8pm-midnight; Fridays, 8pm-midnight. Last two weeks, open Saturday to Thursday, 10am-2pm and 8pm-1am; Fridays, 8pm-1am.
- The Gate: Open Saturday to Thursday, 10am-3pm, 8pm-1am; Fridays, 8pm-1am.
- Hyatt Plaza: First two weeks, open Saturday to Thursday, 10am-3pm, 8pm-midnight; Fridays, 8pm-midnight. Last two weeks, open Saturday to Thursday, 10am- 3pm and 8pm-1am; Fridays, 8pm-1am.
- Centrepoint mall: Open Saturday to Thursday, 10am-3pm, 7.30pm-1am. Fridays, 7:30pm-1am. Food court, cafes and restaurants, iftar-1.30am.
- Gulf Mall: Most shops will be open Saturday to Thursday, 10am-3pm then 7.30pm-1am; Friday 7.30pm-1am. Some stores will be open throughout the day.
- Al Khor Mall: Saturday to Thursday, shops will open 10am-1am; Fridays 2pm-1am; Food court 7pm-2am.
- Dar Al Salaam Mall: For the first two weeks of Ramadan, shops will be open Saturday to Thursday 10am-3pm then 7.30pm-12am midnight, Friday 3pm-12am midnight. Food court is open daily 5pm-1am. Last two weeks of Ramadan, mall opening times will be Sunday to Thursday 10am-3pm then 7.30pm-1am, Friday 3pm-1am.
Other shopping options
- Ikea – Store: Saturday to Thursday, noon to midnight; Friday, 1pm to 1am. Restaurant: Saturday to Wednesday, Iftar to 11:30pm; Fridays, Iftar to 12:30am.
- Souq Waqif – Shops inside the souq will generally be open from 10am to 1pm, and then again from 7pm to midnight. Restaurants and cafes will open from sunset until the early hours of the morning, eg Damasca One: 5:30pm-4am; Zaatar w Zeit: 5pm-3am; Royal Tandoor: buffet 6:30pm-8pm, a la carte 8pm-1:15am; Tajine: 5:30pm-3am; The Village: 6pm-8pm for iftar, 9pm-2am for suhoor.
Hotel restaurants open during the day
- W Doha: Market is open for breakfast from 6am-11am, for lunch from noon-4pm and for dinner from 5pm-midnight. La Spiga is also open from 12pm-4pm.
- Grand Hyatt: Rocca is open for breakfast from 6:30am to 10:30am, for lunch and dinner from 12.30pm to 11:30pm.
- Intercontinental: Coral is open for breakfast from 6:30am-11am and lunch from 12:30-3:30pm. Iftar from 6:30pm to 8pm, Suhoor from 9pm to 2am. Mykonos is also open from noon-11:30pm.
- Intercontinental Doha The City: Hwang is open for lunch 12pm-4pm, with an a la carte menu.
- Marriott Marquis: Crossroads Kitchen is open for breakfast from 6am-10:30am and Cucina is open for lunch from noon-3pm. Quick Bites is also open from 6am-11pm.
- Hilton: Zawaya open for lunch and dinner from 10.30am-12am midnight
- Four Seasons: Il Teatro is open for breakfast from 6:30am-10.30am, for lunch from 12pm – 3pm, for snacks from 3pm- 6.30pm and for dinner from 6.30pm-11pm. Apres Spa Cafe is open from 8am – 8pm
- Radisson Blu: Bistro Bistro is open 24 hours. Hyde Park Coffee shop is also open from 6am–11pm.
- St Regis: Opal by Gordon Ramsay is open for breakfast from 6am–11am, for lunch from noon–4pm and for dinner from 6pm to 12pm.
- Doha Marriott: The hotel’s Corniche restaurant is open daily for breakfast from 6am-10:30am and for lunch from 12pm-3pm. Iftar from sunset to 8pm.
- Kempinski: Gourmet House is open 7am-9pm, and Aroma from 6am-10pm.
- Marsa Malaz Kempinski, The Pearl: Cafe Murano open daily 8am-12am midnight.
- Sheraton Doha Hotel: Pool Café will be open for breakfast and lunch, a la carte menu will be served inside the Café.
Non-hotel restaurants open during the day
- Paul (all branches): Takeaway only, 9am-noon. Open for dining-in from Iftar/6.30pm-1am.
- Carluccios: Open from noon onwards for home delivery (Pearl residents only). Open for dining from 5pm-1am.
- Bread and Bagels: Open for delivery from 9am-11pm daily. Open for dining-in only after Iftar at 6pm.
- Shakespeare & Co: Branches on The Pearl-Qatar and Dar Al Salaam Mall both open from 2pm daily for takeaway.
Hamad International Airport
All restaurants and cafes past immigration/security will be open during the day, but eateries “landside,” i.e by check-in and after baggage reclaim, will remain closed until iftar.
There will be no new releases showing in Qatar movie theaters during Ramadan.
- Royal Plaza: Hours not yet announced.
- Landmark: Hours not yet announced.
- The Mall: Hours not yet announced.
- City Center and Villaggio: Saturday to Thursday: 10am-5pm, 7pm-2:30am; Fridays 7pm-2:30am
- Asian Town – Saturday to Thursday: 7pm-2:30am
- Novo The Pearl – Saturdays to Thursdays, 12pm-1am; Fridays 2pm-1am
- Al Ahli Hospital: Outpatient clinics are open from 8am-3pm and 7:30pm-1am, except for women’s clinic, which is open from 9am-1pm, and 8pm-midnight. Physical and medical rehab is open from 8am-3pm, and 5pm-midnight.
- Doha Clinic Hospital: Hours to be announced.
- Hamad Primary Healthcare Centers: Branches will be open 9am-2pm then 7pm-11pm, including Friday and Saturday.
- Hamad Hospitals: Hamad General Hospital’s outpatient morning clinics Sunday to Thursday, 8am-1pm, 8.30pm-11.30pm. Meanwhile, Women’s Hospital outpatient clinics will operate from 8am-1pm (Doctor break 11-11.30), 7:30pm-10:30pm. Hours for outpatient clinics at the Heart Hospital are Sunday to Thursday 8am-1pm, Al Wakrah Hospital outpatient clinics will be open from 8am-1pm Sunday to Thursday and 8pm-11pm Sunday to Wednesday, The Cuban Hospital, Rumailah Hospital and Al Khor Hospital will open to patients from 8am-1pm. Patients requiring any additional information can call 4439 5777.
- Al Emadi Hospital: Outpatient clinics will be 9am-5pm and from 9pm-12.30am. Emergency, ambulance services, lab, pharmacy and x-ray will operate 24 hours-a-day.
- Medical Commission – 9am-5.30pm.
- PHCC Health Centers – Al Rayyan, Madinat Khalifa, Al Muntazah, Umm Gwailina, Abu Baker Sadiq, Omar bin Al Khattab and West Bay open seven days 8am-1pm then 4pm-1am. Dental services at these clinics will open 8am-1pm then 8pm-1am (on Fridays open evenings only). Airport, Al Gharaffa, Mesaimeer and Abu Nakhla – 8am-1pm then 8pm-1am (no dental on Fridays or Saturdays at these clinics). Al Wakrah – 8am-1am daily, dental 8am-1pm then 8pm-1am (Fridays evenings only). Al Sheehaniya – Sunday to Thursday 8am-1am, Friday and Saturday 8am-1pm then 8pm-1am), dental 8am-1pm then 8pm-1am. Al Khor, Umm Salal, Al Dayaan, Al Ghwairuta, Al Jamilya, Umm Bab and Al Shamal – 8am-1pm then 4pm-1am daily. Al Karaana and Al Kaaban 8am-1pm only.
- Ministries and government departments, public bodies and institutions: Open from 9am-2pm.
- MoI General Directorate of Nationality, Borders and Expatriate Affairs – 8am-1pm then 9pm-1am
- Traffic Department – 9am-2pm then 9pm-1am
- Criminal Evidence and Information Department (fingerprint section)– Headquarters and Industrial area will be open 8am-1pm then 1pm-6pm. Other fingerprint units will be open 8am-1pm then 9pm-1am.
- Kahramaa: Customer service centers will open 9am-2pm. The call center (991) will operate 24/7.
- Doha Bank: Main branch and Al Wakrah – Sunday to Thursday 9am-2pm then 8:30pm-10:30pm; City Center, Dar Al Salaam Mall and Lulu branches – Saturday to Friday 10am-1pm then 8:30pm-11:00pm; Al Mirqab – Sunday to Thursday 9am-2pm then 8.30pm-11pm; Corporate – daily 9am-2pm then 8.30pm-11pm; All other areas, Sunday to Thursday 9am-2pm.
- HSBC: All branches open Sunday to Thursday 9am-2pm. Main branch is open Sunday to Thursday 9am-2pm then 8pm-10pm, Saturday 9am-12pm.
- QIIB – Branches at Grand Hamad, Corporate, Gharaffa, Barwa Village and Al Wakrah all 9am-2pm. Khuraiteyyat branch open Sunday to Thursday 10am-3pm. Branches at The Pearl, Al Hilal, Al Muntazah, al Mirqab, Bin Omran, Kahraba, Al Khor and Muaither – Sunday to Thursday 9am-2pm then Sunday to Wednesday 8.30pm-10.30pm. Salwa branch open Sunday to Thursday 9am-2pm, Sunday to Wednesday 8.30pm-10.30pm then Saturday 10am-1pm. West Bay and Al Rayyan branches open Sunday to Thursday 9am-2pm, Saturday 10am-1pm; Al Ahli Hospital and Al Emadi Hospital branches open Sunday to Thursday 10am-3pm then Saturday 10am-1pm.
- IBQ: Hours to be announced
- Qatar Islamic Bank (QIB) – All branches to open Sunday to Thursday 9am-2pm; Branches at Al-Fanar, Salwa Road, Old Airport Road, Al Gharrafa, Al Rayyan, Al Sadd, Al Wakrah, Umm Slal, Muaither, Al Khor and Al Shahaynia – also open in evenings on Sunday to Wednesday, 9pm-11.30pm and Saturday 9am-12noon. Branches at Gate Mall, Dar Al Salaam Mall, City Center and Medina Centrale open Saturday to Thursday 10.30am-2.30pm then 9pm-11.30pm, and Friday 9pm-11.30pm only.
- QNB: Branches at City Center, The Mall, Landmark, Lagoona, Villaggio, Mortgage Loan Center, Gulf Mall and Medina Centrale at The Pearl-Qatar will be open Saturday to Thursday, 10am-3pm then 8pm to 12am midnight, Friday will be 8pm-12am midnight; West Bay Card Center, C-Ring Road Card Center, Vehicle Loan Center and branches in West Bay and Al Rayyan (Shafi Street) will be open Sunday to Thursday 9am-2pm then 8pm-12am midnight. The Doha Exhibition Center branch will open Sunday to Thursday 9am-2pm then 8pm to 12am midnight (evening shift during exhibitions only). ECCH branch Sunday to Thursday 9am-12pm then 8pm-10.30pm; Souq Waqif branch open Saturday to Thursday 9am-2pm then 8pm-12am midnight. Branches at Marriott and e-branches in Al Khor Mall, Dar al Salam Mall and The Pearl will be open daily, 24 hours. All other branches and offices will be open Sunday to Thursday, 9am-2pm only.
- Commercial Bank: Branches at City Center, Villaggio, Hyatt Plaza, Landmark, Dar Al Salaam Mall and Gulf Mall – open Saturday to Thursday 9am-2pm then 8.30pm-12am midnight, open Friday 8.30pm-12am midnight; The Pearl (Porto Arabia) – Saturday to Thursday 9am-2pm then 8.30pm-11.30pm, Friday 8.30pm-11.30pm. All other personal banking branches and card collection center on D-Ring Road – Sunday to Thursday, 9am-2pm.
- Al Khaliji: Hours to be announced
- Museum of Islamic Art: Open from 8pm-midnight Sunday, Monday, Wednesday, Thursday and Saturday, closed Tuesday and Friday. Closed first day of Eid Al-Fitr on July 17, closed August 1-14 and also closed first day of Eid Al-Adha on September 23.
- Mathaf: Open Sunday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Saturday 8pm-12am midnight; closed Monday and Friday.
- Katara Gallery: Saturday to Thursday 8pm-12am midnight; closed Friday.
- Aramex: Main office open Saturday to Thursday 9am-3pm; SnS reception open Saturday to Thursday 9am-4pm then 8pm-12am midnight and on Friday 12.30pm-4.30pm then 8pm-12am midnight; Gate Mall reception open Saturday to Thursday 9am-3pm then 8pm-12am midnight, Qatar Foundation branch open Sunday to Thursday 8am-4pm.
- DHL Express: Airport Road – Sunday to Thursday 8am-midnight, Friday 8am-11am then 3pm-8pm, Saturday 8am-midnight; Salwa Road – Sunday to Thursday 8am-10pm, Friday 9am-11am then 12.30pm-6pm, Saturday 8am-10pm; Landmark Mall – Sunday to Thursday 10am-3pm then 7pm-12am midnight, Friday 7pm-12am midnight, Saturday 10am-3pm then 7pm-12am midnight; Villaggio Mall – Sunday to Thursday 10am-3pm then 7pm-12am midnight, Friday 7pm-12am midnight, Saturday 10am-3pm then 7pm-12am midnight; Al Khor Mall – Sunday to Thursday 10am-10pm, Friday 1pm-5pm then 7pm-10pm, Saturday 10am-10pm; City Center – Sunday to Thursday 10am-3pm then 7pm-12am midnight, Friday 7pm-12am midnight, 10am-3pm then 7pm-12am midnight; Barwa Village – Sunday to Thursday 8.30am-6pm, closed Friday, Saturday 8.30am-6pm; C-Ring Road – Sunday to Thursday 7.30am-4pm, closed Friday. Saturday 8am-1pm; Industrial Area – Sunday to Thursday 8am-5pm, closed Friday, Saturday 8am-5pm; QFC1 – Sunday to Thursday 8am-3pm, closed Friday and Saturday; Mesiaeed – Sunday to Thursday 8.30am-3.30pm, closed Friday and Saturday.
- Aqua Park: Open daily, 8pm-2am
- Ray’s Reef, the children’s play area at Royal Plaza Mall, will open in the morning from 10am-1:30pm then again at night from 8pm-12am midnight.
- Fun Ville at Ezdan Mall: First 20 days of Ramadan: Saturday to Wednesday 9am-2pm then 8pm-12am midnight, Thursday 9am-2pm then 8pm-1am; Friday 8pm-1am. Last 10 days of Ramadan it will be open Saturday to Wednesday 9am-12am midnight and Thursdays and Fridays 9am-1am.
- Fun Ville at Al Asmakh Mall (Centerpoint) in Al Sadd: First 10 days of Ramadan-Saturday to Thursday 10am-2pm then 7.30pm-11pm, Fridays 7.30pm-11pm; middle 10 days of Ramadan Saturday to Thursday 10am-2pm then 7.30pm-12.30am and Fridays 7.30pm-12.30pm; while last 10 days of Ramadan open Saturday to Thursday 10am-1am and Fridays 2pm-1am.
- Fun City at City Center: Every day 7pm-1am
What else should we add? Thoughts?