In the two and a half years since Sheikh Tamim became Emir of Qatar, there have been 18 ministries.
Now, following an Emiri decree, that number has been reduced to 14.
Here are all of the new Cabinet positions, which include some new ministers and ministries.
- Sheikh Abdullah bin Nasser bin Khalifa al-Thani, Prime Minister and Interior Minister (unchanged);
- Major General Hamad bin Ali Al-Attiyah, Advisor to the Emir for Defense Affairs, with the rank of Prime Minister (new position);
- Ahmed bin Abdullah bin Zaid Al Mahmoud, Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of State for Cabinet Affairs (unchanged);
- Sheikh Mohamed bin Abdulrahman Al Thani, Foreign Minister (formerly Dr. Khalid Al Attiyah);
- Dr. Khalid bin Mohamed Al Attiyah, Minister of State for Defense Affairs (formerly Maj. Gen. Hamad bin Ali Al-Attiyah);
- Dr. Mohamed bin Saleh al-Sada, Minister of Energy and Industry (unchanged);
- Ali Sherif al-Emadi, Minister of Finance (unchanged);
- Salah bin Ghanem bin Nasser Al Ali, Minister of Culture and Sports (new position);
- Dr. Hanan Mohamed Al Kuwari, Minister of Public Health (formerly Abdullah bin Khalid Al Qahtani);
- Dr. Ghaith bin Mubarak al-Kuwari, Minister of Endowments (Awqaf) and Islamic Affairs (unchanged);
- Jassim Seif Ahmed al-Sulaiti, Minister of Transport and Communications (new position);
- Sheikh Ahmed bin Jassim bin Mohamed Al Thani, Minister of Economy and Commerce (unchanged);
- Dr. Hassan Lahdan Saqr AL-Mohannadi, Minister of Justice (unchanged);
- Dr. Issa Saad Al-Jafali Al-Nuaimi, Minister of Administrative Development, Labor and Social Affairs (new position);
- Mohamed bin Abdullah al-Rumaihi, Minister of Municipality and Environment (new position);
- Dr. Saleh Mohamed Salem Al Nabit, Minister of Development Planning and Statistics (unchanged); and
- Mohammed Abdul Wahed Ali Al Hammadi, Minister of Education and Higher Education (unchanged).