Daily Mail: How Qatar bought Britain
An interesting, albeit paranoid, Daily Mail article that highlights how much property Qatar owns in the UK.
- Harrods, the upmarket department store formerly owned by Mohamed al-Fayed.
- The Shard, soon-to-be Europe’s tallest building.
- No 1 Hyde Park, the world’s most expensive block of flats.
- The London Stock Exchange, which they own a 20 per cent stake.
- Camden Market, which they own a 20 per cent stake.
- The Olympic Village, once the games are over.
- Sainsbury’s and Barclays banks – major investors.
- Liquefield Natural Gas, Britain’s biggest supplier.And yet, when telling people in London where I live, so many of them aren’t even aware that Qatar is a country. The mind boggles.Swag aside, it’s an interesting read, apart from the gross inaccuracies regarding alcohol availability in hotels in Qatar.