Video walk through
Lusail Stadium, Al Daayen
- 2022 capacity: 80,000, Largest stadium.
- Distance from Doha city centre: 10 miles
- Concept designed by: Foster + partners
- Design inspiration: The design is inspired by the interplay of light and shadow that characterizes the fanar lantern. Its shape and façade echo the intricate decorative motifs on bowls, vessels and other art pieces found across the Arab and Islamic world during the rise of civilization in the region.
- Transport and accessibility: Located approximately 15km north of central Doha.
lusail Metro Station (Red line) is a 10-minute walk from the stadium.
stadium Express Buses will operate between dedicated Stadium Express Bus Hubs.
car parking is located close to the stadium. Accessible parking options will be available. taxi and shared ride drop-off and pick-up is close to the stadium.
- At the end of the tournament, most of the seats will be removed and donated to developing countries as the new £33billion city of Lusail ‘will not need its own football stadium’ after 2022
Getting To The Venue