Video walk through
Khalifa international stadium, Ar Rayyan
- World Cup Capacity: 40, 000
- Located on the west side of Doha, about 10 kilometers from the city center and 18 kilometers from the Pearl
- Since 1976, the Khalifa International Stadium has served as Qatar’s primary football venue. The stadium has been refurbished multiple times throughout the years, most recently for the 2006 Asian Games.
- Design inspiration: designed by Dar Al-Handasah, the most recognisable features of the arena were always its dual arches, sweeping across the skyline and acting as a magnet for football fans. These icons remain, but there is now a wide canopy stretching out below them, complementing the stadium’s cooling system to maintain a comfortable temperature for fans.
- Transport: The stadium is reachable by metro. The newly opened Gold line station Sports City passes through central Doha.
Getting To The Venue
Khalifa International Stadium
Al Rayyan, Qatar