Shops and businesses keep very different hours during Ramadan. Here’s our Doha News guide to what’s open, and when. We plan to update it throughout the month.
- Carrefour in Landmark, Villaggio, City Center and Dar Al Salaam malls open 9am to 1am. Carrefour Market in Lagoona Mall open 10am to 4pm and 8pm to 1am.
- LuLu Hypermarkets and Express stores open 9am to 1am, except Lulu Center, which opens 9am to 1pm and 7pm to midnight. All closed on Friday between 10:30am to 12:30pm.
- Geant Open daily 8am to 1am.
- Family Food Center 8:30am to 5:45pm and 7:30pm to 1am (Saturday to Thursday). Friday open 8:30am to 10.30am, 12:30pm to 5.45pm and 7:30pm to midnight.
- Lagoona 10am to 4pm and 8pm to 1am
- Hyatt Plaza For the first two weeks of Ramadan, open 10am to 2pm and 8pm to midnight; for the last two weeks, open 10am to 2pm and 8pm to 1am.
- City Center 10am to 3pm, 7:30pm to 2am
- Villaggio Saturday to Thursday, open 10am until midnight (extended to 1am in the last week of Ramadan). However, many shops closed between 1:30 pm and 7:30 pm. Open 7:30 pm to midnight on Fridays.
- Landmark 10am to 3pm and 7.30pm to 1am Saturday to Thursday, except play area and restaurants, which open at 7:30pm daily; mall opens 7.30pm to 1am Fridays.
- Royal Plaza Saturday to Thursday 10am to 1:30pm and 8pm to midnight; Fridays 8pm to midnight. Ray’s Reef play area open Sunday to Saturday, 10am to 1:30pm and 8pm to 12pm. Open Fridays 8pm to midnight.
- IKEA Store open Saturday to Wednesday noon to midnight; Thursday and Friday 1pm to 1am. Restaurant open Saturday to Wednesday 6:30pm to 11:30pm; Thursday and Friday 6:30pm to 12:30am.
Hotel restaurants open during the day
- Market at the W Hotel open Noon to midnight; W Cafe open 10am to midnight.
- Four Seasons Nusantao Sea Kitchen opens for breakfast from 6:30am to 10:30am, lunch from 12pm to 3pm and dinner from 7pm to 12 midnight..
- Marriott Corniche Restaurant open 6am to 10:30am; Noon to 3pm.
- Intercontinental’s Coral buffet restaurant open 12:30pm to 3:30pm. Mykonos also open from noon onwards.
- Ritz-Carlton Lagoon restaurant open 6:30am to 10:30am and noon to 3:30pm.
- Sheraton Al Shaheen restaurant open for lunch noon to 3pm.
- Grand Hyatt Rocca open 6am to 11pm daily.
- The Torch‘s Flying Carpet restaurant open for breakfast buffet 6:30am to 10:30am and lunch from noon to 5pm.
Non-hotel restaurants open during the day
- La Varenne, Tornado Tower: July 9 to Aug. 10, 2013, Sunday to Thursday, 8am to 3pm. Normal hours resume from Aug. 11.
- PAUL restaurants open for takeaway from 9am.
- British cafe J & G Sandwich Cellar on Ras Abu Aboud Street open daily 8am to 10pm; Fridays, noon to 8pm.
- Bread and Bagels in Beach Tower, West Bay open for delivery and take-away from 9am to 11pm. Dine-in begins after iftaar.
- Villaggio Open 10am to 4pm and 7pm to midnight
- City Center Open11am to 3pm and 7:30pm to 2am
- Royal Plaza Opens 9pm every evening
- Landmark Opens 9pm every evening
- QNB Mall branches open 10am to 3pm and then 8pm to midnight; non-mall branches open 9am to 2pm and 8pm to midnight.
- QIB Branches in Al Fanar, Salwa Road, Airport Road, Al Gharafa, Al Rayyan, Al Sadd, Al Wakrah, Al Kharaitiyat and Muaither open from 9pm to 11pm (Sunday to Wednesday) and 9am to 12pm (Saturday). City Center branch open Saturday to Thursday 10:30am to 2:30pm; and 9pm to 11pm, 9pm to 11pm Friday. All other branches open 9am to 2pm, Saturday to Thursday.
- IBQ All branches open Sunday to Thursday 9am to 2pm. Additionally, Main, Lagoona, Al Wakra and Al Khor branches open 8:30pm to 11:30pm.
- Commercial Bank Most branches open 9am to 2pm. Major branches open 9am to 2pm and 8:30pm to midnight, and Friday 8.30pm to midnight. See here for more details.
- HSBC 9am to 2pm Sunday to Thursday at all branches. Main office also open 7:45pm to 10pm Sunday to Thursday and 9am to noon on Saturday.
- Q-Post, main office and branch offices open 9am to 2pm and 9pm to 11:30pm (note: branch times may vary slightly). Mumtaz Post office near the Airport open 9:30am to 1:30pm and 9:30pm to 11.30pm.
- Aramex, main office open 9am to 4pm and 8pm to 11pm Saturday to Thursday; 10am to 4pm and 8pm to 11pm on Friday; Qatar Foundation office open from 10am to 4pm, Sunday to Thursday (closed Friday).
- General Directorate of Border Passports and Expatriate Affairs (Immigration Department) 9am to 2pm and 9pm* to 1am.
- Nationality and Travel Documents Department 9am to 2pm and 8pm to 1am.
- Traffic Department 9am to 2pm and 8:30pm** to 1am.
- Criminal Evidence and Information Department Headquarters: 9am to 2pm
- Fingerprint Section at Industrial Area (for companies): 9am to 6pm; Fingerprint section at external service centers 9am to 2pm and 8pm to 1am.
- Medical Commission open 9am to 6pm.
- Al Ahli Outpatient clinic working hours 8am to 3pm and 7:30pm to 1am.
- Al Emadi Outpatient sessions vary by doctor; call 974-4466-6009 for more information. Emergency open 24/7.
- Doha Clinic Outpatient clinics open 9am to 2pm and 8pm to midnight.
- Hamad General Hospital Outpatient Department open Sunday to Thursday 8am-1pm, 8.30pm-11pm, and 8.30pm to midnight Sunday to Wednesday. Outpatient Pharmacy open 8am-2pm. Diabetic Pharmacy and Pediatric Pharmacy open 8am-1pm
- HMC Women’s Hospital Outpatient clinics open Sunday to Thursday 8am-1pm and 7.30pm-10.30pm. Pharmacy 24-hours.
- Al Wakra Hospital Outpatient Clinics and pharmacy open 8am to 1pm, Sunday to Thursday
- National Center for Cancer Care and Research Outpatient Clinics 8am to 1pm Sunday to Thursday, pharmacy 8am-2pm Sunday to Thursday; 8am to 1pm on Saturday
- Water-taxi service, “on-call” basis from 8am to 6:30pm; fully operational from 7pm to 2am.
- Shops, open 10am to 1:30pm and 7:30pm to midnight.
- Mathaf Open Sunday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Saturday 11am to 3pm. Wednesday and Saturday also open 8pm to midnight. Monday and Friday closed.
- Museum of Islamic Art Open Sunday, Monday, Wednesday and Thursday and Saturday 8pm to midnight. Tuesday and Friday closed. MIA Museum Cafe closed last 10 days of Ramadan and first day of Eid. IDAM closed July 1 to Aug. 14
- Trucks are not allowed to enter Doha from 8am to 10am, 1pm to 3pm and from 5pm until midnight.
- The Museum of Islamic Art park is closed for maintenance from the 1st of July until the second day of Eid.
- Aqua-Park Qatar, open daily from 8pm to 2am
That’s what we have so far. Do you have any information you think we should add?
* Immigration night hours changed to 9pm, based on user feedback.
** Traffic department night opening changed to 8:30pm, based on feedback. Commenter DohaDays says service didn’t begin till close to 9pm.