Families seek help in search for missing teenaged boys in Qatar

lostboys

The parents of two Indian teenagers in Qatar are asking residents to help them find their children.

It’s been three days since Saurabh Gupta and Arun Jose, both 16 years old, have gone missing. The two boys, who are good friends, were last seen on Wednesday afternoon at the MES Indian School, where they were students.

Speaking to Doha News, Gupta’s father said he and Jose’s dad grew concerned when the 10th-graders did not return home from school. They started searching for them around 5:30pm, and later filed a police report.

According to the Gulf Times, the boys may be staying away from home on their own volition:

“It is suspected that the boys might be staying in an unoccupied house or in a place of their close friends or acquaintances.

The pair, it felt, might have got into an unoccupied house as many families have gone out of the country availing of the extended official Eid holidays that started from Thursday.”

Kamlesh Gupta said his son had about QR250 in his possession, but added that some QR10,000 had gone missing from Jose’s home around the same time of his disappearance. Anyone with information about the teenagers is asked to contact their fathers.

“If they see these boys, they can call us,” Gupta said. His mobile is 55826133; and Jose Thomas can be reached a 55229886.

Thoughts?

Credit: Photo of Saurabh Gupta courtesy of Gulf Times

Filed Under:
About Shabina S. Khatri

Shabina S. Khatri is the editor of Doha News. She holds dual bachelor's degrees in Business Administration and Spanish from the University of Michigan, a Masters of Science in Journalism from Northwestern University, has previously taught at NU-Q, and worked for the Wall Street Journal and the Detroit Free Press.